Mozart's dying words were, "From heaven's mercy alone can I hope for succor; and it will be granted, Emilie (his young daughter), in the time of my utmost need; yes, in the hour of death I will claim His help who is always ready to aid those who trust in Him.
   "Take these notes, the last I shall ever pen, and sit down to the instrument. Sing with them the hymn so beloved by your mother and let me once more hear those tones which have been my delight since childhood."
   Emilie closed the second stanza,

"Spirit, how bright is the road
For which thou art now on the swing!
Thy home it will be with thy Savior and God,
Their loud hallelujahs to sing,"

and waited for the mild voice of her father's praise. But he was gone.
   How beautiful is the soul's farewell to all that is mortal, when we can say as one of old, "Yea, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."