holy experience

1. I am thankful for God's Amazing Grace!

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

2. I am thankful for my children who teach me to value life itself.
3. I am thankful for my husband, who always comes home from wherever he has ventured to explore!
4. I'm thankful for poets who can describe whatever I'm feeling more eloquently than I can write about it myself.

I thank Thee that I learn
Not toil to spurn;
With all beneath the sun
It makes me one;
For tears, whereby I gain
Kinship with human pain;
For Love, my comrade by the dusty ways,
I give Thee praise.
--Emily Read Jones.

5. I'm thankful for author's who can write a few lines that touch the very depth of men's souls.

A little scene of child-life has often seemed to me to contain the most touching lesson for men. A child knows when it receives a service from any one that it should say thank you. But, often, when a child renders us a service, we forget to thank it. After having waited in vain for the little word which should be pronounced, it then itself says, "Thank you," and goes its way. The child has a feeling that something ought to happen and does not; then he takes charge of it himself. --Charles Wagner, "The Gospel of Life."

6. I'm thankful for coffee; need I say more?
7. I'm thankful for this free blogging software. Otherwise, I could not afford to communicate with others online about Christ.
8. I am thankful for the time God gives to me to meditate upon His word. When I can stop and think about my life, His blueprint unfolds and I find new energy to live for His design.

Thinking is specific, not a machine-like, ready-made apparatus to be turned indifferently and at will upon all subjects, as a lantern may throw its light as it happens upon horses, streets, gardens, trees or river. Thinking is specific in that different things suggest their own appropriate meanings, tell their own unique stories and in that they do this in very different ways with different persons. As the growth of the body is through the assimilation of food, so the growth of mind is through the logical organization of subject-matter. Thinking is not like a strange machine which reduces all materials indifferently to one marketable commodity, but is a power of following up and linking together the specific suggestions that specific things arouse. Accordingly, any subject, from Greek to cooking, and from drawing to mathematics, is intellectual, if intellectual at all, not in its fixt inner structure, but in its function--in its power to start and direct significant inquiry and reflection.-- John Dewey, "How we Think."