This is one of my new textile banners. It is made from all kinds of odds and ends that I have collected over the years. The amber colors in this piece are some of my favorites. Our family room is painted in a kind of adobe brick color and so I think it will look lovely in there this coming Christmas.



A full view of my quilted "Magi" banner, It's not too terribly

large. I intend it for display and as a teacher's sample.



I included a batik fish that hung on our tree for

many years. It was the original inspiration for the quilt.



I found this delicate batik kerchief at a yard sale

one summer. I think I paid 50 cents for it.



Just a close-up of the banner. This shows some of the

details I worked into the surface. I don't use

a sewing machine. I like to carry my work

around on trains, planes, car trips, etc...

I look like a little old lady with

spectacles bent over her needle work!