Baptism of Jesus, John and a crowd are watching in the background.
   I can't quite remember the year I painted this piece? I know that had to be sometime just after 2000 prior to my temporary, eighteen months residence in Colorado. It is a very large painting measuring approximately five feet across. I gave it to St. John's Lutheran in Fort Collins, Colorado, but I am uncertain what became of it afterwards. I based my idea for the painting on the concept of a crazy quilt pattern.  Between the hand of God The Father and the dove representing The Holy Spirit, are the words, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased." There are also a few other symbols in the painting, but I'll let visitors find these on their own. I have painted several "baptism" paintings in my life, this was the very first.