I know, I know, you've been waiting with bated breath for part 2 of my son's Dinosaur Birthday Party.  You have been in endless agony waiting to see what the snobby food choices were, and how we spent the 2 hours from 11am to 1pm.  Well, wait no longer!  The best part of the party!




I made tags for each section of Dinosaur dietary concerns:  carnivores, herbivores, and sweetivores.  Sure, I could have just said done one that said "omnivore" but where's the fun in that???  I got the idea from a party I saw here.


Since it was a party for a two year old, there's some turkey sandwiches on white bread, back in the corner of the carnivore section.  Then dinosaur boiled eggs, and for the Mommy dinosaurs: Chicken Teriyaki Spinach salad.  MMMMMmmm, that salad is good!  The herbivores were given a selection of fresh fruit and salad.  The sweetivores also had a selection of cupcakes, chocolate covered marshmallow dinos on popsicle sticks, and chocolate dinosaur eggs (or leftover Cadbury eggs....)





These eggs weren't exactly delicious, but they looked cool!  I saw them at Our Best Bites, go check out their tutorial here.




The kids also got to slurp some juice right out of Gatorade swamp.  Hey, it's a fun color!  Reminds me of dinosaurs.  That works, right?

Saw the idea for these "Dino Bites" here at My House of Giggles.  They're chocolate covered marshmallow pops.  I used starburst cut into triangles for the spikes.  I was debating whether I wanted to make these, and then saw those candy eyes at Michaels and couldn't help myself!


I used the same green melting chocolate to pipe polka dots onto these Cadbury chocolate eggs.



For activities we had a dinosaur egg hunt, for these redone Easter eggs.


There was a plastic dinosaur figurine inside each egg, making these a hot commodity for the little dinosaur hunters.


And there was a "dino dig" as well.  We made our own salt dough a few days before, cut into bone shapes and let them dry out.  (I'll do a post next week with the recipe and pictures) We buried those and more plastic dinosaur toys in four buckets.  There were about 2 kids to each bucket.




This was a surprising popular activity that went on for a long hot while!



I made cupcake wrappers to go around the cupcakes from regular bright cardstock.  I have a Cricut Lite cartridge that just does wrappers and these were the "grass" choice but looked wild enough for dinosaurs.  Then I made toppers with stamps on the same colors of paper.





This face made it all worth the effort:


And if any of all ya' all want to recreate this party, feel free to use these tags I made.  Just let me know!  (That's right, my only payment is in flattery!  And we wouldn't mind if you decided to follow our blog!)







Linking here:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday: