Glitta and I have birthdays very close together.  If you are an avid reader of this blog (as I assume everyone is) then you'll know that Glitta surprised me with an amazing pedi party. 

What you don't know is that we had planned on throwing a joint party a week after mine, a week before her's TOGETHER.  We were thinking watermelon theme, since there's a bazillion cute treats for watermelons circulating the web right now, and we had a cute watermelon wreath and it's the summer, blah blah blah. 

So then that sneaky Glitta throws me an amazing surprise party with all of our friends invited and smugly tells me that she likes throwing a party better than being the recipient of a party.  I left my birthday pedi party thinking, "That was so fun.  Such a good idea.  Now w-t-h am I going to do for Glitta's birthday???!!!"

I couldn't compete.  But I did make a pretty cute little present.  So in case you need an idea of how a holiday snob gives a girlfriend a present, here it is:




I wrapped a cardboard box in purple fabric, hot-glueing to secure.  Then embellished it with ruffled ribbon and a bejeweled cupcake.  I made a pennant bday banner glued to twine to come up from bamboo skewers stuck into the sides.  And then filled with goodies. 

I themed the basket with, "On her birthday, a girl needs to:____________"

"A girl needs to relax" was with a cupcake bath bombe.

"A girl needs to bling" was with a cute pair of rhinestone bow earrings from Forever 21.


"A girl needs to shop" was with a J. Crew gift certificate for a thousand dollars.  Because I'm super rich and just a really good friend.  (hahahahahahaha - that's why I'm selling crafts on etsy, because I'm super rich!)  So maybe it wasn't a thousand dollars but it had some dough, ok?  Glitta is a J. Crew girl all the way. 


close up of the stamped banner


Cute, right?  Hopefully a good comparison to a surprise party.  Hmmm maybe not, but whadda do?  I did surprise her with yummy Lara's Donuts early for breakfast that day.  Still not?  Well, I'll tell ya what, I am NOT planning a joint party next year! 

Linking here:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday: